We could have presented this post under the title ‘The man and the technology, the technology and the man’, since both shake hands in such a close way that they hardly allow traditional airs to pass through. Communication, production processes and agricultural activities are some of the scenarios in which technology has begun to act. Little by little it is leaving its mark on agriculture, and professionals in the sector are already witnessing its advantages and benefits.
The Benefits Of Technology In The Agricultural Sector
Everything that can be measured can be improved. Based on this reflection, together with an agricultural experience that is gradually growing hand in hand with technology , we have considered it necessary to echo its importance in the sector by showing some of the benefits of using technology in agriculture:
Its smart tools and services enable the development of true precision agriculture .
The agricultural plots are managed on the basis of observation, measurement and action against inter and intra-crop variability.
They multiply the productivity of the farms and incorporate agro-digital techniques to improve crops.
- They allow individualized analysis of farms , which leads to their growth.
- They maintain control of the crops , detect the lack of fertilizers or water, locate diseases and pests, monitor fumigated areas, obtain high-resolution images, and allow to know the properties of the soil.
- They manage to save costs , improve the use of resources by contributing to the maintenance of the environment, increase the economic benefits of farmers, as well as the rest of the professions related to the sector.
- They make it possible to know in detail the condition of a certain crop.
- They manage to work individually on each plant, surpassing the traditional management and management modalities.
- They improve the quality of the products and, therefore, their price.
- They optimize agricultural operations thanks to the precise knowledge provided by technology, as well as permanent, quantitative and qualitative monitoring.
- Precision agriculture is a revolution with great potential. Roll out into the future of the field!
How Can I Implement The Technology In My Farms?
To achieve this, it is important to know all the alternatives and possibilities that they have depending on their crops. The question that may arise at this point is ‘ who can help me? ‘. Without a doubt, the consulting experts are capable of offering individualized advice.
Taking the step of implementing technology on your farms is a process that requires awareness, first, and seeking help, later. Currently, there are professionals with extensive experience and trained to implement the use of drones , satellites, soil mapping, sensors and other tools in the agricultural and forestry sector. So much so, that some are already pioneers in its implementation.
They know the agricultural sector, and their main objective is to offer a comprehensive agriculture 4.0 service together with farm management, as well as personalized advice to implement this type of services and tools in the sector. It is the set of services that every agricultural professional needs to make their farm a profitable scenario.
Taking a 360º turn in the way of working is a complex decision that requires time, since it is necessary to be very clear about the objectives we want to achieve and to know the different ways we have to achieve them. Man has potentially evolved, and the agricultural sector is feeling it at the core of its activity.
10 benefits of using technology in agricultureTechnology has come to accompany us in this process, as the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) already says : “We need a 70% increase in food production to feed all these people, and we have to cultivate, harvest, distribute and consume food more efficiently ”. The implementation of technology in the sector is already a direct way to achieve this.
After telling you about the role of technological tools in the agricultural sector, we have reached a series of conclusions that we want to share with you today, since it is about the consequences of technological implementation in the agricultural sector. Thanks to them:
All the benefits that we talked about at first are fulfilled .
- Agricultural professionals manage to take their farms to the highest level .
- They focus on the development of their businesses in the long term , but without losing sight of the constant achievement of solid results.
- They have invested a lot of money and effort in the field, so they find the best way to get the maximum return .
- They acquire new knowledge about how to manage a traditional job.
- They acquire new values on automated data, remote control and telematic management of crops.
- Investing In The Present Is Also Preparing For The Future.